How Can I Allocate Costs To Charge Research Grants and Capital Projects Without Traditional Journal Entries

For example, a purchase of Lab Supplies was charged to an Operating Account, but needs to be partially allocated to a Research grant?

For the purpose of allocating costs out across various Operating, Trust, Grant accounts, campus members can complete the standard XLS based journal entry template on our website. 

Please complete this template even if you know a journal entry is not possible because you are charging a grant. 

You will then submit that XLS to the Office of Research Finance ( and they will parse the file (split the piece that is Projects from the piece that is not) and upload to the system for you.

Print Article


Article ID: 52489
Tue 4/24/18 12:47 PM
Wed 2/5/20 1:50 PM